Tuesday 2 June 2015

A Scrappy Finish

I always like to have one scrappy project on the go. It is usually a Leader-Ender project, so it can grow slowly.
This one started as a monthly block, Key Lime Pie,   here on Patchwork Times  which Judy started to try to get her quilting mojo back.  The idea was to make blocks and then make it up near the end of the month regardless of how many blocks were made. We were to avoid creating UFOs
At the end of the month I had about sixteen  8 1/2 inch blocks made- not enough for anything really. I decided not to make it up but to continue making blocks until I had enough.
This became a UFO once the blocks were made. Eventually I added a scrappy neutral border and called it done.
This quilt was on the top of my "Finished top but unquilted  " pile for a year or so until it's turn came for quilting.

It was made in a planned scrappy way- alternating blue and red stars, and the centre of the star is a solid left over from a recent (then) project. 

I am happy with how it has turned out and am sure it will find a suitable new home. 

2 comments:

  1. That looks pretty - you have been on a roll with finishing quilts - wish I could say the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love the bright colours, the way different parts stand out depending on where you're looking. I'm glad you've finished it so you can share it with us!!

    ReplyDelete