Sunday 14 February 2016

Allietare.

Allietare is the 2015 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt. This was my fourth year of doing the  mystery, and it become part of my Christmas sewing.
This years quilt was inspired ny Bonnie's trip to Tuscany in the middle of the year. We had spent a wonderful week in Lucca wit day trips to Florence and Cinque Terre. Her yellow came from some of the bulidings in Tuscany. Our hotel  was the  same colour (Hotel Rex in Lucca), so I wanted to use the mustard yellow in my quilt.


I wanted mine to be a bit different to Bonnies, as I had previously kept to her colours.  I decided to go for the Tuscan skies idea, but I only had a decent amount of  Royal blue in my stash, so went with that.
Without further ado- here is Allietare, complete with scalloped borders.



No comments:

Post a Comment