Tuesday 19 April 2016

Bliss Medallion Quilt

I won a prize in Sandy's Upstairs Hobby Room  One Block Wonder Linky Draw- a pattern of hers of my choice. I chose Bliss Medallion.


Our small Facebook group had a weekend retreat, so I decided at the last minute to make up this quilt, as I wanted something straightforward that didn't need intense concentration.
 I have a lot of gorgeous half yard bundles of fabric, which I really need to start using. I chose Violette by Amy Butler. Only 6 fabrics were needed for the larger size.

I did all the cutting the night before we left, and had each set of fabrics in a plastic bag, labelled.
Most of the blocks were made and rows sewn together before the end of our weekend.
It was a quick days sewing to finish the quilt top.

Quilting was with Aurifil 2000  (sand) which matched the background perfectly.
The large corner areas lent themselves to feathers, so big bold ones were done. A feather wreath in the centre block doesn't show- but it is there.   The rest  of the quilting was in rows following the diagonals of the fabrics.



This was a fast easy and very pretty quilt to make. The photos don't do it justice.
This is Quilt No 7 for 2016

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link! Your quilt turned out amazing! I'm so glad you like the pattern, it is thrilling to hear that from another quilter, and see how they personalize the pattern when making their own quilt😃

    ReplyDelete