Saturday 30 July 2016

Brilliant Cluster- July One Block Wonder

This month's One Block Wonder  on Upstairs Hobby Room was a star block- Brilliant Cluster.
I love stars and so was very drawn to this block.
Unfortunately this month was very busy quilting-wise so I didn't have time for a full quilt.  I don't want to leave the work from the One Block Wonder finished at the end of each month, so always try to finish it on time, whatever I have decided to make.  I decided to  make a table mat for my mother from the block. She asked for bright and colourful.
This was the result. It is deliberately scrappy, with the fabrics coming from my scrap bins or stash fat quarters. The red star points were bonus triangles from stitch and flip corners on a quilt I made a couple of years ago.





Last month I was the lucky winner of the zips from zipit.  Jenny was really lovely to deal with as well as generous, and she has a great zip offering. I highly recommend her if you are looking for zips and friendly service. I asked for a selection of 22 inch zips, which is the size I use most often. Jenny sent me a wonderful rainbow of colour.



I am linking up to the monthly round-up of projects at Upstairs Hobby Room



1 comment: