Thursday 1 September 2016

One Block Wonder BOM for August- X-Boxed

I have been doping these block of the months, designed and shared by Sandy at Upstairs Hobby Room,  all year.
This month I decided to use and unusual fabric line Dapper by Luke Haynes for Moda. It is masculine but with pink and purple fabrics included. Mens shoes, and spectacles are amongst the fabric s in the line.
I chose to do a 5 block quilt as in her quilt for May- May Flowers.
I plan to put a row of the X's at the top and bottom,  but it is again a busy month, and I haven't had time to finish the quilt but it is at the top of my list. I don't like to leave these BOMs unfinished at the end of a month, but will have to for this one.
Rather than miss the parade of blocks on Upstairs Hobby Room Blog I will add my photo of the main part of the quilt.

I am joining the link up on the blog

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic and the pop of pink is perfect. And you know I loved this lay out too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt and color scheme. X's will make a nice border too!

    ReplyDelete