Sunday 18 December 2016

More 2016 Finishes

With only a couple of weeks left for 2016, I have realised there are some quilts not blogged about. Given that is  a diary of my quilt finishes, I need to fill in

First that comes to mind are the baby Quilts.
I was the only person who knew that Lukes new baby was to be a girl so I could make her quilt.
Seeing the baby wasn't going to sleep in a cot, I decided a full single was a better idea. 
I decided on the Kittens Quilt by Elizabeth Hartman. For fabric,  I have a lot of Pam Kitty Morning fabric which I also used for Maisies quilt, and it is perfect for wee girls.
decisions made.
This is Hazels Quilt.


Once baby was named Hazel I had a bit of a problem. I couldn't help but make a Hazel Hedgehog quilt- another Elizabeth Hartman pattern. I had made one before for the Quilt Along held by Gnome Angel. That lives in Australia with Sienna, so I had to make another one. Again I turned to Pam Kitty Morning for the fabric. I made this a large cot size. It can be used as a play mat or whatever they find useful.



My November finish was Summer Solstice. This was a quilt along with Melissa from Happy Quilting.
The fabric is from the Eden range by Tula Pink.  This one is 100 by 100 inches so is a biggie.  I still manage to quilt it on my Bernina without any problem.



The latest finish is Coral Anniversary. This is a row quilt which The Quilt Room held to celebrate 35years in business. One row was completed each month from April to December.
The fabric is True Colors by Amy Butler.


No comments:

Post a Comment